Shuntla DIY Lucite Tray

I am crazy over lucite! Btw, acrylic glass is same thing as "lucite" when searching for items.  Every time I see clear lucite I buy it convincing myself it can be used for something.


I really wanted one of those designer lucite frames but not only are they expensive but deciding on a pattern that is not interchangeable does not serve me well. Take these two (of many) for instance.

6" square for $35 (that site gets in the $100s for a plastic tray)
And 12"x12" on SALE for $27

If you LOVED it you may buy, but of course I would wait until I find a way to make one myself.


I was in Michaels for an entirely different purpose when I saw a row of lucite and thought they were trays. I found out it was a frame that fell down! Plus the 5x7 was only $4! It is an automatic tray. They have different sizes all cheaper than the designers of course. I wanted to share links but cannot find on Michaels.com.



It is actually a joke that I am considering this a tutorial. It is more like revealing a secret.


This is what I used below besides the glue. If you want permanent, modge podge paper UNDER the tray so that you can put glasses and anything else that may get wet.
PS: Don't buy expensive modge podge. Either get Dollar Store glue as it is already watered down or add water to your regular glue.  
Pull paper from frame(tray)
It could be done now bc all that is, is a beautiful Lucite tray for 4 bucks...


Or cut out different prints of paper to make interchangeable for parties, holidays, etc.

It makes a great gift especially if you were to print out a design with their initials in the middle. Or even gold vinyl polka dots would be darling. I've seen them used for make-up, bar carts, jewelry and my favorite are the ones that hold desk accessories.


I have even spray painted cheap supplies gold to make them extra fancy...

A Gold Tape Dispenser....




I even sprayed staples.... try and find a pair of gold scissors for less than 1 dollar + gold spray paint!
If you decide to make one, I'd love to see!
Thanks Guys!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Glimpse of Shuntla's History

Hope For Arkansas